Arrive in Dover for a morning P&O Ferries crossing to Calais, France (other crossings available on request).
Following disembarkation, you’ll continue your journey through Northern France and Belgium to Monschau and the Michel & Friends Hotel, where accommodation will be reserved for you for three nights. A welcome group dinner is included at the hotel.
After breakfast, followed by the drive through the Eifel National Park to the Nurburgring where you’ll enjoy a one and half hour ‘Backstage Tour’.
The areas you get to see are usually closed to visitors and may only be viewed during this unique tour.
Expert guides relate interesting facts and entertaining anecdotes from over 80 years of turbulent history.
You’ll visit places such as the Grand Prix paddock, the HAZET pits, the Media Centre and the VIP terrace. From the roof of the pit complex you’ll have an exclusive view of the Grand Prix track.
The Nürburgring Nordschleife circuit is, quite simply, the ultimate driving experience. 13 miles and over 70 bends add up to what even top racing drivers describe as the most demanding circuit in the world.
It’s impossible to describe just how good it is until you’ve been there, but if you can imagine your favourite mountain road and race-track, then combine the two, you’ll get the general idea!
During public sessions, its legal status is that of a one-way public toll-road with no speed limit (except on the approach to the two exits). Vehicles must be 100% road-legal (including tyres), and normal German road traffic law applies.
Road insurance is also required, but please don’t assume that your fully comprehensive cover applies.
After the tour you’ll have the opportunity to explore the ring boulevard and have some lunch before heading over to the Nordschleife for your opportunity to drive the Ring. 2 Laps are included (additional laps can be purchased as part of your package).
You’ll return to Monschau and the hotel late afternoon/early evening. Dinner is included in the hotel this evening.
Breakfast followed by the short drive across the Belgian Border into the Ardennes and to Spa Francorchamps.
To begin with, a multilingual guide will take you around all the key points of the Circuit which include: the 24 Hours paddocks and F1 paddocks, press room, commentators’ booths, the legendary podium where the greatest drivers have stood and even a place which is normally off-limits, the Race Control room, the true nerve centre of the Circuit!
You’ll then have the opportunity to drive 2 laps of this amazing circuit during one of the ‘Public Driving sessions’ where you’ll experience the legendary sequences of the most beautiful Circuit in the world, at the heart of the legendary toboggan ride of the Ardennes (Additional laps can be purchased).
You’ll then return to Monschau and the hotel late afternoon/early evening. Dinner is included in the hotel this evening.
You’ll depart the hotel and Monschau after breakfast, and make your way back to Calais for your sailing to back to Dover (other crossings are available on request).
• Return P&O Ferry Crossing from Dover to Calais (other crossings available on request)
• 3 Nights at the Michel & Friends Hotel (formerly the Carat Hotel), Monschau
• Buffet breakfast each morning & 3 dinners including welcome dinner on the 1st Night at the Hotel • 2 Laps of Nurburgring Nordschleife Circuit • Guided Backstage Tour of the Nurburgring including Pits, Paddocks, Control Tower, Winners Podium etc
• A Minimum of 2 Parade Laps (approx. 25 minutes) on Spa Francorchamps Circuit during a Public Driving Session • Guided Backstage Tour of Spa Francorchamps Circuit including Pits, Paddocks, Control Tower, Winners Podium
• Detailed Road Book featuring Maps, Great Drives & Event Information
• Commemorative Tour Rally Plate • Car Parking at the Hotel (charges are payable locally – cost approx 9€ per day)